Inclusion at Mangotsfield
Mangotsfield Church of England Primary School is committed to providing high quality education to every child. We believe that all children, including those identified as having special educational needs or a disability (SEND), have a common entitlement to an accessible, broad and balanced academic and social curriculum and that they should be fully included in all aspects of school life.
Mangotsfield is committed to inclusion. We aim to:
- develop cultures, policies and practices that include all learners
- develop a sense of community and belonging
- have high aspirations for all learners
- provide appropriate and stimulating learning activities for all children
At Mangotsfield, we provide a range of resources to support children with additional needs. We have a highly skilled team of Teaching Assistants who work alongside the Class Teacher to meet the needs of all pupils. Class teachers provide work that is differentiated to suit the needs of all the children in their class. Children with SEND work alongside their peers in the classroom for the majority of the time, but may be withdrawn for individual or small group teaching as appropriate. Personalised Plans are designed and agreed by the class teacher, parents and the child that set specific and measurable short term targets. These are regularly reviewed and are amended as necessary.
Monitoring and reporting
The special education needs co-ordinator (SENCo) is responsible for monitoring the progress of children with additional needs, alongside the class teacher. Parents of children with additional needs will be kept fully informed of their child’s progress through the normal schedule of parents evenings. Additional meetings with the class teacher or SENCo can be arranged as needed.
Children who receive Top Up Funding or who have an Education Health Care Plan (EHCP) have an Annual Review meeting to monitor progress and plan for the future. This often involves professionals from outside agencies, such as Educational Psychologists. Parents will be fully involved in decisions regarding their children; their opinions will be sought for Annual Review Meetings, either in writing or verbally and they will always be invited to attend.
- Special Educational Needs Policy
- Mangotsfield Local Offer Policy
- Please click on the following link for the South Gloucestershire Local Offer: http://www.southglos.gov.uk/health-and-social-care/care-and-support-children-families/local-offer/local-offer-education-health-and-care-plans/