We are a modern Church of England Voluntary Controlled Primary School for children aged 4 to 11 based within South Gloucestershire Local Education Authority. Originally sited in Mangotsfield village from 1876, the school moved to purpose-built accommodation in Emersons Green in December 1999.
Following our extension in 2015, our school capacity is now 630 children grouped across twenty one classes. At the present time, we have 20 classes as a two- and three-form entry school. Currently we have 6 larger cohorts of 90 children (in Reception, Year 1, Year 2, Year 3, Year 4 and Year 5); the school will be three form entry from now on.
As a Church of England school, we maintain a distinct Christian ethos but we nonetheless welcome families of all faiths and of none. We have close links with our family church of St James in Mangotsfield and with Reverend Teresa Taylor, who is also one of our governors.